The Alliance to Reclaim our Schools (AROS) is hiring for a Co-Director of Field and Campaigns. We are looking for a seasoned community organizer with experience working with community and labor groups. The ideal candidate will be an organizer who can help build a vision for improving public education, stopping the privatization of our schools and preventing the destruction of our children, livelihoods and communities.
- Supporting the development of existing AROS tables and coalitions through engaging the groups in building organizing strategy to win progressive policies, adequate resources and funding for the schools our children deserve.
- Identifying opportunities to organize and supporting the launching of new campaigns to maximize those opportunities.
- Nationalizing local fights by linking on the ground campaigns with allies across the network and providing strategy and communications support.
- Leading staff collaboration, coordination and reporting to the AROS Executive Committee.
- Collaborate the co-Director of External Relations and National Voice, and with Cassie Schwerner from the Schott Foundation to fundraise for AROS and to drive resources to the field.
- Leads national coalition work with education justice allies and social movement groups, with support from the Director of External Relations and National Voice
Preferred candidates will have:
- at least 10 years of community organizing experience.
- at least 5 years of experience in building community/labor coalitions.
- experience working with a board of directors as staff or as a board member.
- experience in successful grant writing.
- $90,000 per year
- Generous benefits package
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.